Job Description: Accounts Assistant
Date Closing: 5th May 2023
Who Are We?
Adaptavate is a business of the future, a dynamic team of engineers, thinkers, walkers, parents, dreamers, climbers, scientists, gardeners, friends, family and visionaries. People who think differently to make a big impact through our work… together.
We are establishing a leading business to develop products that will spearhead the transition to carbon negative building materials of the future. This is done by developing, producing, and commercialising the next generation of carbon negative, plant based, performance building materials for the construction sector. Adaptavate continue to launch new products, build revolutionary processes and grow our game changing team. Our products are designed for every builder, architect or homeowner to use or specify.
Adaptavate have developed BreathaBoard as a sustainable, low carbon alternative to standard plasterboard. By delivering this innovation through our pilot line, we will catalyse genuine environmental change to the UK and beyond at a time when the planet needs it most.
We are expanding our team and need an Accounts Assistant, to support us, collaborate with us and help us achieve all that we’re aiming for. We can’t wait for you to join us.
You have been working as a Finance or Accounts Assistant for over three years, supporting your Finance Manager in delivering accurate and timely information. You will not be shy in ‘rolling your sleeves up’ in our small game changing company, but will recognise the opportunity to grow within our business.
We aim to be the first disruptive brand in the construction industry, and we need your skills to help us get there. We look forward to you joining our team where we have a unique chance to be part of the change, together.
· Timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and employee expenses and dealing with supplier queries
· Reviewing and processing the Pleo card expense transactions on a weekly basis
· Liaising with the sales team to ensure customer invoicing is timely
· Monitoring customer debt and chasing customers when required
· Reconciling the bank on a daily basis, chasing missing invoices and receipts
· Maintaining a high standard of financial/customer/supplier data in the Xero accounting system
· Preparing the quarterly VAT return for review and approval by the Finance Manager
· Preparing the monthly payroll for review and approval by the Finance Manager
· Assisting the Finance Manager with the data gathering and uploading of the quarterly Innovate UK grant claims
· Inputting orders and helping with customer enquiries
· Supporting the Finance Manager with the end of month process as required
What do you bring?
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in using Xero in a similar role
· Ideally achieved/working towards the AAT qualification
· Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Excellent IT skills
· Some experience in sustainability finance would be preferred, but it’s not a deal-breaker
· A ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done well.
What do you get in return?
|Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org||Hours||0.5 FTE Dependant on personal circumstances. Flexi (core 1000 – 1600)|
|Duration||Permanent, part time||Start date||April/May 2023|
|Location||Lyde Green, Bristol, Gloucestershire.||Annual Leave||25 days + bank holidays and your birthday!|
|Benefits||Company events and training, pension, flexible hours, parental leave, a fun and inclusive work environment. Cycle to work scheme. Potential for share options.||Salary||£23k-25k per annum dependent on experience|
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger and our days more rewarding. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
If this sounds like your next job, then please send your CV with a covering letter or email as to why you want the position to email@example.com by the 5th May 2023. We look forward to hearing from you.